Delicious flavours from North Africa, this is a warming and easy meal to have for breakfast, lunch or dinner! My edition adds an extra serving of veg for added health benefits, if you try adding extra veges or meat – let me know in the comments below! This is a easy to cook meal, that you can experiment with.
COPY AND SAVE THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PHONE!
- 6 -12 Eggs (large)*
- 2 Eggplants (medium)**
- 3 Capsicums/Bell Peppers (medium)
- 2 Brown Onions
- 800g Tin Crushed Skinless Tomatoes
- 4 – 6 Garlic Cloves
- 1tsp Paprika
- 1tsp Curry Power
- 1/2tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Pinch of Pepper
- Pinch of Salt
- Olive Oil (cooking)
*We have 2 eggs each, but we eat a lot!
**Optional, but oh so yummy! Plus an extra serving of veg for the day.
- Cut into medium sized chunks; eggplant, capsicum, and onions.
- Crush or thinly chop garlic.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or fry pan and fry garlic and onion for a few minutes.
- Then, add eggplant, capsicum, and all spices, cook for about 5mins.
- Add crushed tomatoes with their sauce and cook for 20mins.
- Reduce the heat slightly, and make ‘wells’ in the mixture for the eggs.
- Crack eggs into the mixture and cover and cook until egg whites are set.
- Serve! Try on a bed of Cous Cous, or adding Feta or some Bread