The easiest cheese you will ever make (only two ingredients)! Paneer is a delicious cheese traditionally found in Indian cuisines. Cooking with paneer you will typically find in curries, and you can replace your meat or tofu with it, alternatively we like to add paneer with our beef meals to fill them out!
COPY AND SAVE THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PHONE!
- 1lt of milk = 150g Paneer
- 1 lemon (juice) *
*1 lemon’s juice is enough for up to 3lts of milk.
- Pour milk into large frying pan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling/bubbling, reduce heat and add lemon juice, while stirring for up to 5mins.
- Let sit for up to 10mins.
- Line a strainer with a cheese or muslin cloth, pour cheese mixture in, bundle and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Move to flat surface, keep wrapped and press into desired shape and cover with weight (we use a plate and cans), leave for up to 15mins.
- Transfer to an air tight container and put in the refrigerator for min 1hour before using.